Sunday, February 01, 2009

My Saturday Excursion



Yesterday Stan and I went out to the firing range to squeeze off a few rounds. I must say that it was a bit disconcerting going to a firing range filled with Republican gun nuts wearing my "Dick" shirt, but I somehow managed to not get shot. In fact I don't think anyone noticed it. In the end the scariest individual there was a thirteen year old boy with a 45. He was clearly uncomfortable handling it and it didn't help that his dad was egging him on. While reloading the clip I almost dropped it when he fired. His aim wandered too much and it was clear he didn't want to be there.



After we spent our ammunition, we hit In & Out where I got a Double Double animal style. "This is what sex should be like!" I exclaimed as bit into my own personal piece of heaven. This is how I know I am getting old. Now that we were full, we set our sights on the sun and followed it to Santa Monica. The sun had already set by the time we found parking but we hit the pier anyway.



Shortly afterwards it was time to get a drink so we hit Big Dean's Muscle Inn where we filled up on chips and beer. Bellies full it was back out to the pier for some photo-ops.



On the way back we stopped in Pasadena, my old stomping grounds. I showed Stan around Colorado Blvd as we bar hopped from Lucky Baldwin's to the "Dirty Diver" (The 35'er) where we were thoroughly ripped off on tequila shots. In the process we saw scores of beautiful women... women who looked back, some that even smiled. It was refreshing to see that there are other places where the strange are excepted, where there are more fish in the sea than the current pond I reside in.

No comments: