Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why I am Buying a Gun

I was never a big fan of firearms, as I feel that cowards tend to hide behind them and I have always preferred a clean and surgically sharp blade. But as I increasingly see the crazies out there ie: tea-baggers and neo-confederates (almost one and the same at this point), I am increasingly feeling that owning a firearm is not a bad idea. These people are openly declaring a need for secession and revolution. In short bloodshed and anarchy.



Note how the guy is carrying an AK47: and claims he hopes it doesn't come to this. When was the last time you saw left wing protesters strapped, even though they are more likely to suffer beatings from the police or counter protesters. While many people are right to access this as a fracturing of the Republican party, I don't take much glee in it because this sort of instability is dangerous for our country. The last time we had social upheaval like this, our President, his brother, and a beloved civil rights leader was assassinated.

I found an interesting film by Max Blumenthal that chronicles the 9-12 march of these useful idiots.



I love the guy halfway through the short who demands that immigrants should learn English then holds up a sign with the word "Politicians are like dipers [sic] they need to be changed often and for the same reason." You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: