Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beck Refuses to Comment on What He Means by "White Culture": With Commentary by Me


Special thanks to Think Progress for video and transcript:

COURIC: A twitter question is, adrianinflorida: what do you mean by white culture?

BECK: Um, I, I don’t…

COURIC: You said he had a deep-seated hatred for the white culture, what is that? What is the white culture?

BECK: I guess it’s…gosh. I’m so tempted to make news here today.

Then do so and answer the god damned question.
COURIC: No no, I’m just curious, this was actually adrianinflorida.

BECK: What to do? What to do? Adrian, Go to glennbeck.com. Listen to it. You can hear all of it.

COURIC: No, but you didn’t really address white culture, I think, in your explanation about President Obama, I haven’t seen the whole show, but can you? Just for our purposes?

BECK: Just for your purposes? So this will be a little secret between us?

Stop playing coy and answer the damn question.
COURIC: No, for this show, can you explain what you mean by the white culture? Because some people say that sounds kind of racist.

BECK: Really? It’s amazing to me that, for the first time, I think in history somebody can ask a question and say, “Don’t you think that maybe we have several pieces here?”

Really? You think it is the first time in history someone asked a question so incoherrent and bat shit crazy?
We have several pieces; George Bush says my grandmother was a typical African-American that had, that had her views bred into her. You don’t think maybe we would ask questions about that comment?

George Bush is black?!? What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Why not just answer the question and stop trying to move the goal posts?
How is it that the first time I think in history, you should check on it, somebody says, “Hey. There’s some red flags here maybe we should look at?” … How am I? How am I the target for asking questions?

COURIC: People just want to know. What is white culture?

BECK: I’m going to see if I can play your game. People just want to know.

Game? You mean journalism? You know, that thing the station you work for claims to engage in...
COURIC: You know, well, Adrian wants to know.

BECK: That’s good for Adrian.

Actually, it's great both for her and the general public to see how much of an unabashed dick you are. Thanks for playing Spanky.
COURIC: No but I mean it’s fine if you make a statement though, shouldn’t you be able to defend exactly what you mean by it. I’m not –

BECK: Katie, how many times have you said, how many times have you said something where you’re like, “I didn’t think. What’s white culture? I don’t know. What’s the white culture?”

What? What is the white culture? I don’t know how to answer that that’s not a trap.

COURIC: Mhmm.

BECK: You know what I mean?

Actually, I am sure she doesn't because Katie isn't a member of Stormfront, the Klu Klux Klan, Strom Thurmond's toadie brigade. or any other guano-insane institution that feels the need to protect the culture of the "white race."
COURIC: Yeah I’m not, I’m just, I’m not trying to trap you, I’m just, I think people wanted to know what that meant exactly.

BECK: Well we know Adrian does.

COURIC: Yeah, and you’re not going to answer her?

BECK: I’m not going to get into your sound bite gotcha game which we already are. We already are.

COURIC: No we’re actually, this is completely unedited so if you felt like you wanted to explain it, you have all the time in the world.

BECK: Mhmm.

COURIC: No? Don’t want to go there?

BECK: Nope.

Why not? Put up or shut up.
COURIC: But basically, you stand behind your assertion that in your view, President Obama is a racist.

BECK: I believe that Americans should ask themselves tough questions. Americans should turn over all the rocks and make their own decisions.

I agree, we should ask ourselves tough questions... How about we start by asking what you meant by "white culture", and then go from there?

No comments: