Friday, April 03, 2009

The Adventure of Mark Twain

Since I stumbled upon that clip of "The mysterious stranger", I haven't been able to get it off my mind. After using the Google I discovered the clip is from a 1985 claymation flick called "The Adventures of Mark Twain". If the style looks familiar that is probably because it was directed by the same guy who brought us the "California Raisins": Will Vinton. In all seriousness, I originally put it up because it was creepy and had Satan in it.

I find people's interpretations of Satan usually hilarious and this one didn't disappoint with it's masquerade ball mask for a face and dual octave voice. The creepiness factor was a plus, but upon further review I found the underlying philosophy extremely intriguing. After watching the film I looked at Mark Twain in a different light, and towards the end it reminded me of how my grandfather has acted since he lost my grandmother.
"Wherever she was, there was Eden."

--Mark Twain

That is probably the most romantic thing he ever wrote. It even brought a tear to my eye, but that's just between you and me.


















No comments: