Friday, January 16, 2009

Rick Warren's idea for a "radical" Christianity



After the passage of Proposition (H)8 many people were rightly perturbed by Obama's selection of Pastor Rick Warren for his Inaugural invocation due to Warren's high profile involvement in the civil right shredding travesty. I for one really didn't care too much because:
1. I knew that the amendment was unconstitutional (a blatant violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, and as a result, will ultimately be overturned.

2. The proposition won by an extremely narrow margin (2%).

3. I knew Barack Obama was only offering this spot to Warren as an olive branch for the batshit crazy religious right.

Admittedly, while miffed that my so called "progressive" state had once again succumbed to the mind set of simple minded shit kicking bumpkin "values", I didn't really think much of Obama's olive branch pick of Warren. That is until I got wind of his agenda for his particular brand of Christianity...

"In 1939, in a stadium much like this, in Munich Germany, they packed it out with young men and women in brown shirts, for a fanatical man standing behind a podium named Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil.

And in that stadium, those in brown shirts formed with their bodies a sign that said, in the whole stadium, 'Hitler, we are yours.'

And they nearly took the world.

Lenin once said, "give me 100 committed, totally committed men and I'll change the world." And, he nearly did.

A few years ago, they took the sayings of Chairman Mao, in China, put them in a little red book, and a group of young people committed them to memory and put it in their minds and they took that nation, the largest nation in the world by storm because they committed to memory the sayings of the Chairman Mao.

When I hear those kinds of stories, I think 'what would happen if American Christians, if world Christians, if just the Christians in this stadium, followers of Christ, would say 'Jesus, we are yours' ?

What kind of spiritual awakening would we have ?"

--Pastor Rick Warren April 17, 2005

I tell you what kind of spiritual awakening we would have... the TOTALITARIAN KIND!!! You sir, are a power hungry scary son of a bitch, and I hope Obama wises up to you sometime soon."

No comments: