Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sarah Palin: Homosexuality is a choice

Palin: "I have, one of my absolute best friends for the last 30 years who happens to be gay. And I love her dearly. And she is not my "gay friend." She is one of my best friends who happens to have made a choice that isn't a choice that I have made. But I am not gonna judge people. And I love America where we are more tolerant than other countries are. And are more accepting of some of these choices that sometimes people want to believe reflects solely on an individual's values or not. Homosexuality, I am not gonna judge people."

I don't know if you, the reader, personally know or are friends with someone gay; but I do know that no one would choose to be ostracized by society, and in some cases, by their families. The only choice there is for someone who is homosexual, is whether or not they wish to continue to lie to themselves and everyone else, or just be happy and accept who they are. Saying someone "chose" to be homosexual is about as stupid as saying I "chose" to be heterosexual. I find women sexually attractive and don't find men appealing. This "choice" happened in Junior High around the same time I "chose" to start having pimples.

No comments: