Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Country music deserts George Bush

Excerpted from The UK Telegraph:
No one has moved further than Toby Keith and Darryl Worley, two of the biggest names in country music.

In 2002, Keith had a huge hit with Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue, which includes the lyric: "You'll be sorry that you messed with the US of A, 'cause we'll put a boot in your ass — it's the American Way."

Worley's Have You Forgotten in 2003 justified the Iraq invasion as a response to the September 11 attacks. The military liked it so much he was presented with a flag that had flown over the Pentagon.

Now Keith says he is a lifelong Democrat and has claimed he never supported the war, while Worley has had a hit with I Just Came Back from a War, about a soldier returning from Iraq with post-traumatic stress disorder.


Pardon my french but HORSESHIT!!! Toby Keith is no lifelong Democrat, he is a political weathervain as evidenced by this.
"I was raised southern Democrat, and my dad and granddad would roll over in their graves if they knew I voted Republican. My dad used to say, 'We don't have enough money to be Republicans.' Well, I do have enough."
So you are a life long Democrat except for when it would have really counted for you to vote like one. Opportunistic asswipe...

Emphasis by editor.

No comments: