Friday, August 31, 2007

Mildly Brilliant Update: Flash floods

It has been a strange day today. I woke up early because I knew my alarm wasn't set. I was also supposed to call this girl for lunch, but I couldn't find my phone, so I went back to sleep for an hour or so. Rain hit against the roof of the "Divine Providence" and consequently the leaks became manifest, drenching my carpet. I placed a few pots from the dirty dishes down to catch the water and then jumped into the shower.

Arriving at work things seemed out of place, rivers came down the streets, and everyone was inside. The flood control channel had been blocked by rocks, trees and shitloads of mud. It is Labor Day weekend and we have a lot of reservations, some of those were made on the blocked side of the ravine. Needlesss to say, it has been busy and a little stressful as this is also the first weekend of Apple Season."

So at the request of silently screaming, I will be consuming copious amounts of alcohol...

No comments: