Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Frickin' bears...

I arrived at the "Divine Povidence" (my RV) around 1:00 a.m. after two nights of debauchery at Brian & Jake's house. On the way in the park I noticed the lodge doors were open so I grabbed my badge and Mag-Lite to check and lock all the doors. The windows were open and the coffee maker were still on. Sludge had baked onto the coffee pot and the aroma had filled the room. I was afraid a bear might have wandered in so I proceeded with extreme caution. To my relief the lodge was vacant, and I proceeded to lock the doors from the outside when I hear was almost sounded like a man sighing, but I knew wasn't a human. Then to the right of me a bear startled me and I quickly went back in and slammed the door.

In retrospect, I over reacted as it was most likely the baby, but then again he has recently been mauled by another bear so he might be a little more dangerous than usual. Anyhow, he sure did scare the shit out of me. So much so that I have been putting off going back to my RV until now, even though he bolted as soon as I closed the door. Ironically, I probably scared the shit out of him too.

No comments: